Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wanted: Decent Earplugs

Why, you ask? I woke up this morning relatively unhappy. The mini mart around the corner from us is having their "Annual Anniversary Sale". What does this consist of you might ask? Well, a live D.J that plays the SAME 10 or so songs REPEATEDLY for hours at an earpiercing volume that can be heard from probably a mile away. This started at 7a.m this morning. (On an alternative note; they are also giving away free Bacardi and Cokes to patrons to celebrate their Anniversary. So you can stop by; have some free drinks and have a "dance-off" in front of your local grocery joint) Needless to say I am not happy about it as I was hoping to "sleep in". "Sleeping in" is difficult here as I am usually woken up by 5:30am with a serenade of various farm animals. In any case; if anyone can send me a pair of decent earplugs that don't hurt my ears....

I.O.U: One armpit hair plucking. Preferably a public place; and only if we sell fruit or other food while we are doing this. If we are going to do this, we need to do it Honduran style!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin
Maybe Santa will leave some earplugs in your Christmas Stocking
if your a good girl this year.

Anonymous said...

Still enjoying your writing. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving in Honduras. Can't wait to see you.
Kathy O'