Monday, December 15, 2008

5 more days!!!!!

I just wanted to report that things have been going quite "swimmingly" for the past week and a half since I last posted. I have found as my time here progresses, I am becoming exceedingly more busy and time is flying by at lightening speed! The past two weekends have consisted of hanging out and eating dinner at the houses of new Honduran friends, evenings outside at the Feria listening to live music and eating more Pupusa's than I ever actually needed (Just to prep you everyone...I'm NOT any skinnier than when I left...in fact, I think I've GAINED a few pounds), and dancing Punta and Bachata with above mentioned new friends. Saturday night there was a concert in the gymnasium next to the Cathedral as part of the annual feria, and every Northamerican volunteer in Juticalpa was there.
Things in my classroom have been fantastic as well. We are halfway through the second grading period, and I am happy to report that nearly ALL of my students are finally recalling all the letters and sounds of the alphabet in English. I have spent long hours and have at many times lost my patience, but it seems as though we are getting somewhere! Hard work does pay off!
In any case, I will be back in the States for a MUCH needed two week vacation on Saturday. I can hardly believe it! I hope to see you all at some point while I am home. I would love to spend time with all of you as long as good food is included (I am just kidding about that, obviously; but it WOULD be kind of nice!) In any case, see you all VERY soon! In 120 hours, I will be BOSTON BOUND!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Erin. Safe travel home. We're keeping you, your fellow volunteers, and all of our Honduran friends in our prayers!

Bob & Sandra